We offer a complete road design service from minor rural improvements to major urban arterials
With roads, getting it right for the end user is paramount. Our responsibility as designers is to ensure that the safety and convenience of people is at the forefront of our decisions.
Opus’ expertise covers all aspects of design, including dual carriageway and major intersections. We use robust verification techniques and work closely with our road safety engineering team, which includes accredited road safety auditors, to ensure our designs are as safe as possible.
Our design teams often collaborate to ensure resources are allocated effectively to deliver work on time.
Our experience in Australia
We have experience in a wide range of projects for both public and private sector clients in Australia including:
- Intersection design – at-grade, grade separated and signalised, priority, roundabout
- Highway geometric design using MX, 12D and Civil 3D packages
- Drainage – stormwater disposal and treatment
- Pavement and surfacing design, road markings and signs
- Haul roads for the resources industry
- Road safety auditing
- Guardrails and roadside furniture
- Pedestrian and cycling infrastructure, street and amenity lighting
Our road design service has close links with other Opus services including:
- Transportation planning and traffic studies
- Bridges, culverts and other structures
- Hydrological and hydraulic engineering
- Environment and planning
- Landscape design
- Cost estimation
- Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS)