We focus on the dynamic elements in a structure – bringing it to life and making it liveable
Opus offers mechanical, electrical, hydraulics and fire engineering services and we incorporate sustainable design principles wherever we can.
Our Building Services team works with clients across Australia on a broad range of projects for state and local governments, hospitals and healthcare providers, industrial facilities for heavy industry and mining, and retirement and aged care providers.
Our experience in Australia
Our building services and engineering expertise includes:
- Mechanical - From traditional HVAC systems to innovative systems such as hybrid VRV systems, we design mechanical systems for all built environment applications, including heating, ventilation, extraction, compressed air and medical gases.
- Electrical - Using the latest technologies, we provide energy efficient lighting and intelligent building systems, power systems, generator and UPS systems, solar photovoltaic systems and specialist IT, security and communication services.
- Hydraulics - We provide full hydraulic design services including hose reels, waste water, hydrants, sprinklers, hot and cold water systems, and solar systems.
- Fire engineering - We offer a complete range of fire engineering services from solution to performance based design across a wide range of buildings.
- Vertical transportation - We design vertical transportation for low and high-rise buildings. We also advise clients looking to modernise or replace existing lifts.
- Building Information Modelling - We can create an electronic model of a facility, to assist decision making throughout building and infrastructure projects.
- Street lighting - Our engineers have the expertise to design lighting for roads, parks and sports grounds, car parks and intersections, compliant with AS/NZS standards.
- Asset management - Our asset management team is experienced in delivering asset management plans, condition surveys, compliance audits, functionality assessments, valuations and maintenance management.
- Energy engineering - Our specialist team offers a range of services in conjunction with our asset management programmes, enabling clients to make informed decisions. These include energy audits, equipment comparison reports, projected operational running costs, thermal modelling, compliance reports, alternative design solutions and Green Star management.